Socialite provides a very easy way to implement and activate a plethora of social sharing buttons — any time you wish. On document load, on article hover, on any event!
If you’re selling your soul, you may as well do it asynchronously. Socialite won’t cause document rendering to hang while waiting for 50kb of social media.
Features and Benefits
- No dependencies to use.
- Loads external resources only when needed.
- Less than 2kb when minified and compressed.
- More accessible and styleable defaults/fallbacks.
- Support for Twitter, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Spotify.
- Extensible with other social networks.
- Mimics native implementation when activated.
- Supported in all browsers (providing the buttons are).
It has support for the major players: Twitter, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Spotify. There is no need to install the widget codes for each library as Socialite.js does that for you.
And, the library is extensible, any new social networks can be added with ease.
The library is lightweight (2kb minified-gzipped), standalone and helps the social widgets to load when you want them or only when needed/requested to speed up web pages.