bgStretcher 2011 (Background Stretcher) is a jQuery plug-in which allows you to add a large image (or a set of images) to the background of your web page and will proportionally resize the image(s) to fill the entire window area. The plug-in will work as a slideshow if multiple images mode is used (the speed and duration for the slideshow is configurable).
bgStretcher 2011 has tons of new features suggested by our users. We appreciate all your feedback, and you will see below that we have implemented many new features and functions requested. Please continue to help us improve it by leaving suggestions in our comments area or you may contact us directly.
- Unobtrusive script, simple to setup
- Works with all modern browsers
- Supports single and multiple images
How to use
1. Download bgStretcher script. The package already contains the jQuery framework.
2. Add the following code to your
…tag to connect jQuery framework, bgStretcher plugin and CSS. (Make sure paths to files are correct.)
3. Use the following code to initialize the bgStretcher (see Options section below for details):
And if you want to initialize plugin for custom div use next:
4. Insert content of your page inside BODY or custom DIV:
<.. div class=”classname-of-div”… > Your content goes here…<../div..>
- MS Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8, 9
- Mozilla Firefox 2, 3, 4
- Opera 9+
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
Compatibility: All Major Browsers