The Linux Command Line Beginner’s Guide gives users new to Linux an introduction to the command line environment.
In the Guide, you’ll learn how to:
- Copy, move, and delete files and directories.
- Create, delete, and manage users.
- Create, delete, and manage groups.
- Use virtual terminals.
- Use the bash shell.
- Safely use the root account with su and sudo.
- Change permissions and ownership of files and directories.
- Create and edit text files from the command line, without using a graphical editor.
- Diagnose network connectivity problems.
- And many other topics.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Standing over six feet tall, Jonathan Moeller has the piercing blue eyes of a Conan of Cimmeria, the bronze-colored hair a Visigothic warrior-king, and the stern visage of a captain of men, none of which are useful in his career as a computer repairman, alas.
He has written the “Demonsouled” trilogy of sword-and-sorcery novels, and continues to write the “Ghosts” sequence about assassin and spy Caina Amalas, the “Computer Beginner’s Guide” series of computer books, and numerous other works.