A free light weight jQuery plugin that allows you to create a custom drop down with images and description.
What is so cool about this plugin!
- Adds images and description to otherwise boring drop downs.
- Allows JSON to populate the drop down options.
- Converts your HTML select element to ddSlick.
- Uses Minimum css and no external stylesheets to download.
- Supports callback functions on selection.
- Works as good even without images or description!
Why is this plugin useful
With traditional drop downs i.e. using ~select~ ~option~ ~/option~ ~/select~ you are limited to only text and value. But with this easily configurable jquery plugin, you can now create a custom drop down that can very well include images, a short description, along with your usual text and value. Take a look at the following demos in action.
The data source that populates the drop-down options is JSON and there are multiple options for customizing the functionality. The look & feel can be changed as well (very few styles used).
There is also a callback function that is fired when an option is selected (which is good for auto-modifying a hidden form for a possible submit, etc.).
Compatibility: All Major Browsers